Lankford Law Firm (817) 500-4357
We typically bring two law students on as interns each summer. Our interns get hands on experience handling our exclusively criminal docket. Our firm handles Class B misdemeanors up to 1st degree felonies in Tarrant County, Texas. The following information will answer many of your questions about an internship.
Duties and Assignments
• Review evidence in criminal cases, draft summaries, research legal issues as they arise.
• Work closely with the attorneys and staff. This is designed to be a learning and networking opportunity for you.
• Attend court proceedings including trials, dockets, and other hearings.
• Enjoy a flexible schedule.
• Work a minimum of 15 hours per week, if receiving a stipend. Most interns will work 20-30 hours per week.
• The summer internship runs from June – August, but dates will be structured around your school schedule.
• Summer interns not receiving school credit will receive a monthly stipend
• Have an interest and passion for criminal law.
• Be a current law student or recent graduate.
• Sign a confidentiality agreement prior to an internship.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a brief summary of why you are interested in criminal law to email@example.com. We are always accepting applications for summer internships, so apply early.